Allens has been named an elite band one firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions in the 2018 Chambers Asia Pacific rankings.
The results include 15 tier one rankings in Australia, as well as tier one rankings in Corporate/M&A and Projects, Infrastructure and Energy in Vietnam. Allens was the only firm ranked tier one in Papua New Guinea.
Referees commented on particular strengths, noting the firm does not ‘just follow the usual route; they will look at it from different perspectives and be more innovative’ and has the ‘capacity to find solutions in complex situations where others would let go’.
‘The Australian legal market is one of the most competitive in the world and we are delighted to be recognised by our clients for the work we do,’ said Managing Partner Richard Spurio.
‘We set ourselves the goals of working with our clients to solve their most complex challenges and to be innovative in our approach, so it is terrific to have clients provide this feedback.’
Practice areas named band one by Chambers include:
- Anti-bribery and Corruption
- Banking and Finance: Acquisition Finance
- Banking and Finance: Corporate Finance
- Banking and Finance: Property Finance
- Corporate M&A
- Dispute Resolution
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Sports Law
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications: IT and telecommunications
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications: Media
- Papua New Guinea: General Business Law
- Vietnam: Corporate/M&A
- Vietnam: Projects, Infrastructure and Energy.
The original press release can be found here on the Allens website: https://www.allens.com.au/med/pressreleases/pr12dec17.htm